[CentOS] boot thumbdrive with CentOS 7 ISO???

Mon Dec 14 23:32:04 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/14/2015 04:53 PM, ken wrote:
> On 12/14/2015 05:29 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:16:42 -0500 ken wrote:
>>
>>> How?  I downloaded two (larger) of the three Centos 7 ISOs I could
>>> find... the only ones I could find.  (I listed on names of the ISOs
>>> in my first post to this thread.)
>>
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/0_README.txt
>>
>> That lists the different images that are available.  I use the Live
>> Gnome CD image to boot the machine, then click on Install to Hard
>> Drive icon, install that, then remove the stuff that I don't want and
>> install what I do want afterward.
>>
>> A nice side-effect is that you get to test your hardware
>> compatibility before going through all of the song and dance to
>> actually install the operating system.
>
> I just started downloading
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-livecd-GNOME-x86_64.iso,
> one of the newer (July 2014) gnome livecd things.  Weird that the newer
> ISOs seem to be broke.
>
> Thanks to everyone to help figure out how all this works.

The newer isos work fine.  The fact that there was a key problem SOUNDS
like your Firmware has an issue with our secureboot key.  Sometimes a
firmware update fixes bad CA certs from the OEM.

We just released 7.1511 (based on RHEL 7.2 Sources) .. I extensively
tested the secureboot/uefi installs on 3 separate machines from 3
manufacturers (Dell, HP, Lenovo).

Download either of these ISOs (whichever one you want to use .. they all
work when doing dd to copy to a usb key and they all do secure boot):

http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/

(Pick a mirror close to you)

You want one of the ISOs listed here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/sha256sum.txt

If you want to know what each ISO does, read this:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/0_README.txt

I would recommend either DVD, LiveGNOME if you want to install
everything from an ISO .. OR .. Minimal if you understand how to use
'yum group list' and 'yum group install'.