[CentOS] libreoffice 4.4 or 5 in CentOS 6

Tue Dec 15 14:54:37 UTC 2015
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 08:10:07AM +0100, Patrick Bervoets wrote:
> Op 14-12-15 om 23:54 schreef Scott Robbins:
> >On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 09:43:54PM +0100, Patrick Bervoets wrote:
> >>I need the ability to make signed PDFs in LibreOffice, so I tried LO 5 and LO 4.4 rpms from LO.org but they are useless (menu and toolbar are black).
> >>Anyone been able to use a higher version of LO?
> >>
> >Yes, I easily installed libreoffice-5.x on my CentOS-6x box.  I think all I
> >did was download the tarball, go in the rpm directory and run rpm -ivh
> >*rpm.
> >This seems useful.
> >
> >http://www.tecmint.com/install-libreoffice-on-rhel-centos-fedora-debian-ubuntu-linux-mint/
> >

> That's what I did :-)
> Only I used yum, but that wouldn't make a difference, would it?

I wouldn't think so.

> Toolbar is black with some buttons visible (some of them disappearing when moused-over). Dialog boxes have black buttons etc.
>
> Do you run gnome? Maybe then this is a KDE thing.

I use dwm or openbox, both of which are window managers rather than desktop
environments.  Hrrm, that might be worth a shot, install one of the
lightweight window managers and see if that helps. If not, maybe even try
with a new test user.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6