[CentOS] File Share Problem Between SAMBA AND WINDOWS 7

Tue Dec 15 15:28:47 UTC 2015

Erkin Aka wrote:

> i have installded samba 4 oncentos 7 and started to use as part of active
> directory. But i have a problemabout sharing files between samba and
> windows 7.
>
> i can browse and edit sharedfiles and folders on windows 7.
>
> But when i create a new folder, the owner of the folder is seen as
> “#User300012”instead of the real samba user.

Question: In Linux, are you sharing these via NFS as well? If so, when it
mounts, is it mounted as nobody:nobody?

If so, you need to fix /etc/idmapd.conf. First, add your Domain =
<whatever>. Then, uncomment Method = nssswitch. Finally, comment out the
UMICH_SCHEMA.

After doing that, nfs-idmapd -c clears the cache, and restart nfs-idmapd
and autofs. See if that helps.

Beyond that - I really don't begin to know samba well enough, but I
*think* there's a line in the configuration related to ownership and uids

      mark