[CentOS] "installation source" specification for netinstall

Thu Dec 17 15:02:30 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 12/16/2015 01:13 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 12/15/2015 04:09 PM, ken wrote:
>
> To be fair, an accurate description of what you're doing would be
> worthwhile, too.

What I described was plenty enough for anyone who's been through the
netinstall configuration before.  There's no point in explanation a
simple gui for those who don't what I'm talking about.

> I downloaded
> http://mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-NetInstall-1511.iso.

I installed netinstall without a problem.

> Its sha256sum is
> 9ed9ffb5d89ab8cca834afce354daa70a21dcb410f58287d6316259ff89758f5, which
> matches sha256sum.txt.

Well, I prefer md5sums, so pretty much the same.  Moreover, k3b, the app
I use to burn CDs talks md5sums, not shasums.

> I booted from the ISO, selected "installation source" and entered
> "mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net/centos/7/isos/x86_64/" in the field to the
> right of the "http://" prefix.

Yeah, I did all that exactly the same.  It's pretty idiot-proof for just
about anyone to do all that correctly.

> Anaconda downloaded the package list and allowed me to select package
> groups.

And that means success... which I didn't get... because something in
netinstall wasn't working right.  See my response in this thread to what
I wrote to Fred.  You've given me a lot of good and pivotal help and
info in past here, I appreciate all that very much.  That's for sharing
my frustration.  Believe me, I've had a lot myself.