[CentOS] Setting up PXE server

Fri Dec 18 02:42:26 UTC 2015
David Both <dboth at millennium-technology.com>

Ooops. Sent from wrong address.

Have you tried this:

http://www.databook.bz/?page_id=9

On 12/17/2015 06:50 PM, david wrote:
> Folks
>
> On a lark, I am trying to set up a PXE server so I can use network
> boots to load new computers {some of which are virtual) at home. It's
> more of an intellectual exercise than a work necessity.  I've read
> several "how to" documents, and even the one on the RedHat site
> doesn't help.  (For example, it refers to /etc/xinet.d instead of
> /etc/xinetd.d, and the careless references continue elsewhere.)
>
> My goal is to make it possible to load a computer using network boot
> with the equivalent of the "net-install" of Centos 7.  My gateway
> computer serves as a DHCP and (internal) DNS server for my in-house
> machines.  Are there any good references, or working examples I could
> look at?
>
> My gateway is running Centos 6, but I'm hoping the model will work
> when I convert the gateway to Centos 7.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I
hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle
that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone,
1931
David P. Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as
well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using
it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both