[CentOS] playing DVDs on C7

Fri Dec 18 04:19:32 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 05:42:19PM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/17/2015 5:33 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> >vlc will kinda play movies, i.e., moving garbage appears on the screen,
> >sometimes it'll resemble something from the movie, but most of the time
> >not so much. I can't figure out what's missing here.
>

> that sounds like display driver issues.    in VLC, try turning off
> all video hardware acceleration options.
>
> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz

John, that doesn't make any difference, actually. It's just as bad
with accelerated rendering as without.

It also, some of the time,  complains about being unable to open
the disc, or a complaint for every file. sometimes not. but I can
open each file fine in other tools, because the disk is mounted.

So, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the libdvdcss from nux.
In the past I've always used the one from, er, I don't remember which
repo, but it was an older repo where the only thing still there was
libdvdcss.

I'm just now in the process of building 1.3.99 from videolan.org, so
we'll see.

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.