[CentOS] google chrome future / centos 7

Fri Dec 18 13:52:23 UTC 2015
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Friday, December 18, 2015 08:34:36 -0500
> From: Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org>
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 09:38:40PM +0000, Richard wrote:
>> On the linked-to help page:
>>
>>  <https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346>
>>
>> they show fedora-21[+] as supported. If I remember correctly,
>> RHEL/CentOS-7 is based against fedora-19.
>
> Actually, in two places on that page they say:
>
> "Ubuntu 12.04+, Debian 7+, OpenSuSE 13.1+, or Fedora Linux 21"
>
> No plus (+) after the 21.
>
> I assume it must be a typo, since f21 left support on the 1st of
> this month.  The fact that their documentation is poorly
> maintained is just another bit of evidence that no one seems to
> care.  Either that, or Google doesn't support Chrome on any
> supported version of RHEL or Fedora.  I guess I have to switch to
> OpenSuSE.

Right. I put the "+" in square brackets because, knowing that
fedora-21 is EOL, I assumed that they meant to include more recent
releases too (as they indicated with the "+" on the other linux
spins).

I am curious as to what's in FC21+, but not in ~FC19, that might be
about to cause things to break. I looked through the various
discussions linked from:

<http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2015/12/beta-channel-update.html>

but didn't see anything obvious, but it may be too early for the
changes to be mentioned.