[CentOS] google chrome future / centos 7

Fri Dec 18 18:39:56 UTC 2015
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 12/18/2015 10:02 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Yep. There IS NO REASON for *any* logfile (or configuration file, for that
> matter) to be XML. Logs - if your machine is borked, cat or more may work,
> when no other way to view it does. Configuration... XML is for GUI. If the
> GUI's already hiding stuff, why not have it write out to *text* files?

XML for configuration is very handy when the configuration file may be
modified by software, as you can read it into a DOM tree and validate
before writing back to file.

It also allows you to do things like use an XSLT for displaying the
configuration is a user friendly way.

Not saying it is always the best way to do things, but it certainly has
its uses.

sitemap.xml is an excellent example of a configuration file that
probably should be XML for what it does and how it is used.

Logs, well, I don't have a pro XML argument for those.