[CentOS] CentOS 7.2 - Fast TSC calibration failed.

Sat Dec 19 03:58:30 UTC 2015
Earl A Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>

On 19 December 2015 at 12:18, Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 17, 2015, at 11:58 PM, Earl A Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > [ 0.000000] tsc: Fast TSC calibration failed
>
> TSC is a high accuracy CPU clock. TSC can fail due to motherboard hardware
> fault on multi processor servers. But the kernel usually fails back to the
> less accurate default hpet clock.
>
> Do other versions/kernels work fine? Does RHEL 7.2 work?

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the information; I'm currently downloading RHEL 7.2 so will if
that a try and report back, I 'assume' that the hardware may be too new
because I am getting the following error when I try to use Fedora 23 live
workstation. The error is "time out waiting for CPU 0".

Will see if I can make any adjustments in the BIOS and try again.

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez