[CentOS] Power Management

Sun Dec 20 22:21:10 UTC 2015
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

Power management is controlled by the window manager (which you
didn't indicate). So, assuming gnome, you should look for recent
updates to "gnome-power-manager" - check your yum.log for updates in
the timeframe where this issue started. Make certain that you have
the most recent (2.28.3-7.el6_4) installed. You might try a "yum
downgrade" on that package to see if that fixes things. [I currently
only have servers on centos-6, so no power managers, so can't look
at things easily.]

For the record, on centos-7 -- both mate and gnome -- the power
manager acts as expected (shutting down/suspending) the machine on
the idle timer when the screen is locked.