[CentOS] Systemd and systemd-sysv-generator

Wed Dec 30 00:54:41 UTC 2015
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com
> wrote:

> Instead of converting the sysv script, you could trivially write your own,
> the following
> was tested against about 6 SNMP queries, the service stops and starts as
> expected.

That's certainly an option.
One that I was prepared to resort to. But curiosity has the best of me ...
I would like to know why the SysV generator didn't do its job.

And I wasn't able to find any "generated" unit files from those Dell
OpenManage SysV scripts either.

> You may want to purge the sysv remnants.
>
> # cat /etc/systemd/system/lsi_mrdsnmpd.service
> [Unit]
> Description=LSI SNMP Agent startup/shutdown script
>
> Requires=network.target
> Requires=snmpd.service
>
> After=network.target
> After=snmpd.service
>

> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStart=/etc/lsi_mrdsnmp/lsi_mrdsnmpagent -c /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> hth,
> jlc

I appreciate the effort.
You took some of the fun out of it for me ... less for me to write. :-)

--
Mike