[CentOS] Systemd and systemd-sysv-generator

Wed Dec 30 15:25:47 UTC 2015
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Best way to see this is using systemctl (status|cat|show) <servicename>
> > >
> > > I expect if you do this for your failing service you'll get a better
> > > understanding of what's going on.
> >

> > ~]# systemctl status lsi_mrdsnmp.service
> > ● lsi_mrdsnmp.service
> >    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
> >    Active: inactive (dead)
> >
> > ~]# systemctl cat lsi_mrdsnmp.service
> > Unit lsi_mrdsnmp.service is not loaded: No such file or directory
> >
> > ~]# systemctl show lsi_mrdsnmp.service | egrep 'Name|Load'
> > Names=lsi_mrdsnmp.service
> > LoadState=not-found
> > LoadError=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound "No such file or
> > directory"
> >

> Can you pastebin the init script by any chance? I wonder if it's actually a
> properly written init script or if it's bad enough  that the generator
> fails to parse it ...

Yes - here is a pastebin with that script.

And there was an error on line 130 ... or line 133 of the pastebin -- which
I already fixed. ;-)
(I verified the typo against the contents of the RPM from LSI to be
certain.)
if ( "$rhel_ver" == "1" && "oel_ver" == "0" ) ; then
should have been
if ( "$rhel_ver" == "1" && "$oel_ver" == "0" ) ; then

http://pastebin.com/BGLjGiuT

--
Mike