[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Wed Feb 4 04:08:42 UTC 2015
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On 4 February 2015 at 14:36, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:
>> Thinking about you systems from a penetration testing perspective can
>> be helpful.  For example, "Always Learning" has just told us that he
>> uses single character root passwords on his testing machines, that he
>> is testing 7 days a week and does not turn off his test machines.
>
> Yes single character.
> Writing and testing usually 7 days weekly.
> Turn off everything when not in use including test machines.
>
> No connection to the Internet.

Sorry. Must have misunderstood your earlier comments.

Sounds like a fairly specialized work-flow.  You might want to
consider using an updates.img that removes the password strength
requirements (see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates). The
anaconda installer is fairly straight forward Python code.  I haven't
got a copy on me at the moment, but at a guess, all you need to do is
track down the relevant lines and comment them out.

Hope this helps.

Kal