[CentOS] Thread moderation and list etiquette (Reference - Another Fedora Decision)

Fri Feb 13 18:09:54 UTC 2015

On 12/02/15 18:08, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Brian Mathis
> <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:
>> CentOS is unquestionably one of the most used Linux distros
>> in the world, and yet the mailing list is relatively quiet.  To me this is
>> a symptom of a problem, and I feel that it's partially a result of the same
>> regular people,
>
> I think it is generally a good thing when the bulk of the conversation
> here is ranting about mostly irrelevant opinions.   That is, instead

yes, lots of irrelevant conversation on the list - and it comes from a
handful of users. Its irrelevant, take it to an irrelevant venue.

> of 'Why doesn't this work"', or 'How do I fix this problem" that you
> would have if there were something fundamentally wrong with the disto.

By assuming that the mailing list is a bug reporting venue, you miss the
entire point of what a community might be.

--
Karanbir Singh