[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Tue Feb 3 02:07:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 20:02 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Whether anonymous or not, they continually show that they have no idea of a
> work situation.  Each time we work around it.

They lack general knowledge of the 'real' computer world. To them it
seems like a childish game.

> As I understand it, the rationale is because RH allows ssh root login by
> default.  I'd rather they change that, but I also want to have millions of
> dollars and be admired by everyone.

How can a remote user log-on for the first time, if not via SSH ?
Perhaps the installation process should permit the installer to select a
non-standard SSH port at installation time ?

...... and on first log-on the user is forced to change the password and
also to change the originally SSH port ?

It would have been nice if the 'anonymous' to me people on another RH
related list had popped into Centos and sought ideas, opinions and
comments ..... that is what 'team work' is about :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      Je suis Charlie.