[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Tue Feb 3 02:22:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 17:20 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> the majority of 'botnet' systems that probe at my servers appear to be
> poorly configured linux servers at colocs.

They appear to be an increasing source. Those and Vietnam are currently
popular. So I block the data centres/coloc IP ranges.

Blocking of individual IPs is automatic and is for all ports. It usually
lasts for about 4 to 6 weeks. Manual blocking is usually of IP ranges
and usually permanent but restricted to ports 25 or 80.

I want is a quiet life :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.