[CentOS] Very slow disk I/O

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Feb 3 09:29:58 UTC 2015

Am 03.02.2015 um 10:14 schrieb Joseph L. Brunner:
> Lol - spinning disks? Really?
>
> SSD is down to like 50cents a gig. And they have 1TB disks... slow disks = you get what you deserve... welcome to 2015. Autolacing shoes, self drying jackets, hoverboards - oh, yeah, and 110k IOPS 1TB SamSung Pro 850 SSD Drives for $449 on NewEgg.
>
> dumbass

Right, *consumer grade* SSD prices were coming down thzat much. But I am
sure the appliance Jatin is building up (while he uses the @cisco.com
mail domain) is intended for enterprise usage and has to have enterprise
grade hardware components. Just like he used an enterprise grade HDD
(though a SATA and not a SAS model with only 7.2krpm which is, as John
pointed out, not a good choice for a virtualization host) to build the
machine.

Investigate about SSDs made to be used in servers, SLC and not MLC type
of chips, SAS interface. Then lets speak again after you have checked
their prices.

Regards

Alexander