[CentOS] Kickstart setup

Ashley M. Kirchner

ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 3 16:28:54 UTC 2015

Is there a way to use kickstart to boot a machine into a manual setup
process? Basically what I'm getting to is this, the machine doesn't not
have a CD drive in it (nor can I add one), but I can boot it via kickstart.
The install media is on the network. What I'd like to do is boot this
machine up and rather than have kickstart do everything for me as far as
installing the OS and packages, instead present me with a manual setup
(that I can get to via vnc) where I get to pick what I want or don't want
on the machine. After it's all done, I'm going to go through the anaconda
files and generate a base kickstart for all future installs. Does anyone
have an example kickstart file I can go off of to do that?