[CentOS] user nobody can't access file

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:32:17 UTC 2015

Hey guys,

 I need to give the 'nobody' user (which is what our apache runs as) no
password access to a file, via sudo. This is what I've tried:

nobody     ALL=(ALL)   NOPASSWD: /var/www/qa/launchpadnew/site/ftp_check.php

But if I become the nobody user and try to access the file, it tries to
prompt me for a password:

-bash-3.2$ php /var/www/qa/launchpadnew/site/ftp_check.php
[sudo] password for nobody:

Can someone please point out for me where I'm going wrong? Cuz I don't see
it!!

Thanks ! :)

Tim

--