[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Thu Feb 5 01:26:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 18:14 -0700, Warren Young wrote:

> Nothing is free.  Just as with my analogy with safes, we’re not
> talking about absolute security.  We just need to make an attack
> *costly enough* that it will never succeed, if we do our part.  (Like
> not saying chmod 644 /etc/shadow !!)

I looked on a DVD backup of the 2010 standard install of a VPS (without
looking again I think it was C5.3).

Spreading good ideas and techniques (see my "Centos Learning" mailing
list suggestion) could encourage newcomers to implement good security as
soon as they arrive on Linux. I found switching to Linux without help
was a steep learning curve but, as usual, I survived. I'm still
Learning.

--
Regards,

Paul.