[CentOS] lost at 'repository' entry installing centos7

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 5 18:03:50 UTC 2015

re-sending to list. other attempt got addressed wrong.

On 02/02/2015 02:15 PM, Tim wrote:
> Am 1. Februar 2015 21:30:52 MEZ, schrieb g <geleem at bellsouth.net>:
>>
>> greetings.
>>
>> while attempting to install c7, i got lost at 'repository' entry.
>>
>> i canceled, loaded centos.org, looked for help for installing c7,
>> but did not find.
>>
>> i know, i did not look in right place.
>>
>> if such has been posted, i missed.
>>
>> so what/where is 'the right place'?
>>
>> much appreciate some help.
>>

> What are you exactly searching for?

excuse my prior terseness.

i pulled;

  CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-NetInstall.iso

"burned" it to a usb memory stick with;

  su -c "dd if=CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-NetInstall.iso of=/dev/sdd"

rebooted, to usb, answered all questions up to screen where an
entry asked for a "repository".

not having committed to memory, or, having written down any
repositories urls, i quit install.

in searching centos.org and wiki.centos.org thru docs and faqs, i
found not install instructions for centos 7, other than using;

  CentOS-BootService-ipxe.iso

which i pulled, "burned" to usb memory stick, rebooted to usb and
ended up with about 4 lines and a notice of a failure, which i did
not right down.

one thing of note, net install iso did write a new boot with 4
options, 2 of which allow me to boot into centos 6.6.

in time of doing other things and pulling emails a few minutes ago,
i did return to centos.org and c&p a repo url and printed it out.

i was intending to reboot after pulling emails and noted your reply
and i am replying to see what your suggestions may be, and;

  thank you for replying.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6