[CentOS] Nvidia Mod Update

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 04:06:08 UTC 2015

Hey all,

On my X86-64 CentOS 6.6 machine I just ran yum update.  In the update
was an upgrade from the 340.XX Nvidia package to the 346.XX package.
Hrmmm?  I'm thinking this is not a good idea but, since this is just a
test system any way, I let it run.  Sure enough I was right.  Dmesg says
that my video is supported by the 340.XX driver, not the 346.XX driver.
 It's not happy cause it can't find a supported GPU.

1. So, having only a command line interface, how do I tell yum to rip
out the 346.XX package and reinstall the 340.XX package?

2. How do I tell yum not to do such stupid stuff again?

--
    _
   °v°