[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Tue Feb 10 05:39:30 UTC 2015

<patrickdgarveyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please allow me to make sure I am perceiving this correctly,
>>> reports of errors found in RedHat documentation are to be reported
>>> against the Fedora Documentation product type in the RedHat bugzilla?
>>> and
>>> reports of errors found in Fedora documentation are, also, to be
>>> reported against the Fedora Documentation product type in the RedHat
>>> bugzilla?
>>
>> I don't know officially, but I'm making a guess that, since the two
>> documents are clearly related and have the same authors, if you see
>> the same error in the Fedora document and you report it, it will
>> probably get fixed in both.  The Fedora document explicitly solicits
>> bug reports, but I don't see the same in the RedHat one.  Worth a shot
>> don't you think?  Maybe submit a small bug report and see what the
>> response is like?
>

> That's a testable starting point. Thanks.
Officially, no, the "Fedora Documentation" bz product isn't there for
Red Hat guides.  If you want to file a bug against a RHEL guide, choose
your version of RHEL then look for the guide's component - these days,
they all start with "doc-", which should make the search easy.

Unofficially, there's a nonzero chance that your bug will find a writer
that plays in both spaces, or that we'll be able reassign the bug to the
correct component for you.  But please, don't make work for Fedora
volunteers when there are people standing by getting paid to handle your
bugs :)

--
-- Pete