[CentOS] Packages not available in CentOS 7

Venkateswara Rao Dokku

dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 05:57:18 UTC 2015

HI,

I would like to upgrade my customized CentOS 5.5 to CentOS 7. For this I
took the latest stable CentOS 7 image and wanted to install the packages
that are there in the existing customized version of CentOS 5.5.

I could install some of the packages, but the following packages I couldn't
install.

1. Rhpl
2.mod_perl
3. 3.notification-daemon
4. 4.vixie-cron
   5.kudzu
   6.redhat-lsb
   7.mod_python
   8.webalizer
   9.pam_ccreds
  10.libnotify
  11.irda_utils
 112.readahead
 113.MkInitrd
 114.Alchemist
 115.Cadevar
  16.system-config-network-tui
  17.firstboot-tui

Whwhen tried to install the packages using *YUM *command, it is complaining
that no such package.
W When tried to install packages from rpm's, there are too many
dependencies?

CaCan you please suggest the best way to install the above packages in the
latest CentOs?

WhAre the packages deprecated? or merged into some other package?

THThanks for the help

--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.