[CentOS] Packages installation in CentOs

Venkateswara Rao Dokku

dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:04:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a customized CentOS 5.5 kernel. I want it to upgrade it to CentOS 7.
The approach I have decided was to take the CentOS 7 and then install the
customized packages that are there in the CentOS 5.5.

While trying to install the customized packages, I could install most of
the packages, but I couldn't install the below in the latest CentOS 7.

1. rhpl
2. mod_perl
3. notification-daemon
4. vixie-cron
5. kudzu
6. redhat-lsb
7. mod_pyton
8. webalizer
9. pam_ccreds
10. libnotify
11. irda_utils
12. readahead
13. Mkinitrd
14. Alchemist
15. Cadevar
16. sustem-config-network-tui
17. firstboot-tui

I tried to install the above packages as other packages using *YUM*, it is
complaining that no such package.
So I tried installing them by rpm's. But, installing rpm's giving "failed
dependencies" error.

Can you please suggest best way to install the above listed packages on
CentOs 7?

Are the packages listed above deprecated for CentOS 7 or merged into some
other packages?

Thanks for the help.

--
Thanks & Regards,