[CentOS] Packages installation in CentOs

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Feb 10 13:48:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 03:29:50PM +0530, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
> I couldn't install the following packages also in the CentOS 7
>
> 1. python-numeric

It's built for EPEL 6 and Fedora, they maintainer probably needs to
branch it for EPEL7.

> 2. system-config-services

No longer built for CentOS7.

> 3. perl-BSD-Resource
> 4. Perl-Net-IP

EPEL.

> 5.system-config-nfs

No longer built for CentOS7.

> 6.ipspec-tools

EPEL.

> Can you please suggest best way to install the above listed packages on
> CentOs 7?

It looks like you ought to look at EPEL
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL) before coming back to the list
with another list.

> Are the packages listed above deprecated for CentOS 7 or merged into some
> other packages?

I see that Fedora have packages for system-config-services and
system-config-nfs, but it isn't built for EL7.  I suspect that
system-config-services is out of date since the switch to systemd as
an init service.  system-config-nfs appears to have stopped
development, so it's also not that useful anymore.

I wouldn't expect there to be a one to one equivalent of every package
in CentOS5 in CentOS7.  Perhaps you should reconsider your
dependencies rather than trying to find an exact duplicate.