[CentOS] KISS networking with CentOS 7

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue Feb 10 16:24:53 UTC 2015

Le 10/02/2015 17:20, m.roth at 5-cent.us a écrit :
> Please explicate - offlist is fine. I really dislike the naming
> convention.... I was installing on a new HP dl560 g8, and it came up with
> ensf1 (which is*great*  fun if you're trying to do a pxeboot build....)

The CentOS FAQ explains how to restore the traditional naming scheme:

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS7#head-31ebc6642958a0df12304d6aab9a49034a3b7802

That being said, everything works fine now with the new interface names.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Feels a bit like FreeBSD. :oD

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr