[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Tue Feb 10 23:28:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 15:04 -0700, Warren Young wrote:

> > On Feb 9, 2015, at 12:12 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/9/2015 11:06 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> >> The third item was a 16.1 MB PDF of 1,344 pages. A quick scan of the PDF
> >> shows every page appears to be readable.  11 pages devoted to BASH.
> >> Information on other interesting topics too.
> >
> > on a site hosted in Russia which appears to be FULL of copyright violations.
>
> Remember, Adobe Flash BAD, Adobe PDF GOOD.

> Amazing how quickly security fundamentals — like declining to download a file which can contain scripts that run on the local machine from a clearly dodgy site — go out the window when put up against expediency.

1. Flash I don't have or use.

2. PDFs can be created by *NON-ADOBE* software. PDF's (well most of
them) can be opened by non-Adobe PDF-type software.

3. The Russian's web site is that of a devote cyclist. Most of the films
on his web site are of cycling or about cycling. Most of the oldish PDF
files are about Linux and in Russian. I do not consider his site
presents a malicious danger to me.

Warren, it is senseless you wasting your valuable time trying to make me
do what you want. The system here just does not work like that - perhaps
elsewhere but certainly not here.

--
Regards,

Paul.