[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Wed Feb 11 00:58:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 16:39 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 3:28 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> > 3. The Russian's web site is that of a devote cyclist.
>
> oh, well, I'm glad that makes the copyright violation of stealing an
> authors work OK in your book.

Another bored expert desperate for a modicum of excitement ?

You have absolutely no prima facie evidence to support your assertion.

I refer you to my posting dated Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:10:35 +0000 which
includes, inter alia:-

"Keith neither of us know whether or not the Russian man obtained his
PDF copy of the book lawfully.  In my book-publishing opinion, the PDF
appears to have originated from the book's publisher, so the original
source must have been *the* official source. Hence the book, in the PDF
version, must have been written by the official authors.

"The existence of an alleged unpaid-for copy on a foreign web site can
not, in any sense whatsoever, denigrate, diminish nor deprecate the
official authors distinguished achievement.

"There are poor people all around the world who enjoy computers
including Linux and whom would benefit from learning more about Linux.
Some who can read English sufficiently proficiently to benefit from the
book's text, may be too poor to afford the, to them in their country,
"exorbitant" Western price for an "official" copy.  Some publishers
recognise this reality and sell in third-world countries at a small
fraction of the "Western" price. In those circumstances selling PDFs for
an extremely low price may be the source of this particular PDF
especially as hardbacks and paperbacks could never economically be sold
as low as a very low cost "official" PDF copy."

FACT: Valeri's recommendation is, in my opinion, a useful source of
basic knowledge benefiting Centos users regardless whether that book in
printed on paper or is a virtual or an electronic "book" (i.e. PDF).

ANOTHER FACT: Linux Programmer's Reference, Petersen, Osborne
McGraw-Hill 1998 - ISBN 0-07-882587-3, which I obtained on 27 October
2000, is also a good good source of useful information. I've started
re-reading the 71 pages on BASH.  I never knew the first character on
the first line could be a space.

--
Regards,

Paul.