[CentOS] Thread moderation and list etiquette (Reference - Another Fedora Decision)

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Feb 11 16:07:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

The thread titled "Another Fedora Decision" is rapidly turning into a
political and opinion driven flame fest that is unsuited for the CentOS
mailing list. This list should try and remain focused on CentOS, what we
have and keep the area sane for new users as well as old hands to
participate in a fair and thoughtful conversation around the CentOS
Linux platform and the CentOS project ecosystem.

We are, from this point on, considering moderating all content posted to
that thread.

Furthermore, consider this to be a wider general request - specially to
the list regulars - to be considerate and thoughtful in their responses.
General 'me too' and 'yes' or 'no' type posts are not needed. Similarly,
if you must correct someone, do it politely without making it into a
personal attack. Finally, if content in a conversation changes from the
original post - please change the thread and start a new one.

--
Jim Perrin