[CentOS] [OT] Using rsync to backup / restore - when to use (or not use) the -H option switch?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:46:08 UTC 2015

Okay, thanks guys.  It seems that -H sould be included by default, unless
there is a specific reason not to.

Maybe the rsync -a option switch should include hard links by default.
Rsync tutorial type information usually lists generic examples such as:

sudo rsync -avz <source> <destination>

and not addressing the subject of hard links.

And you weren't kidding about the number of entries in /var/lib/yum/yumdb.
Wow!