[CentOS] Rhythmbox Replacement

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:48:35 UTC 2015

Hey Y'all,

I though I would resurrect a long dead mail chain.

I'm looking for a good replacement for Rhythmbox.  I need a pod catcher
to catch podcasts and download them to my HD where I can then move them
onto my mp3 player that I take to work every day.

I don't need a new mp3 player so don't suggest VLC.  It is not able to
download podcasts.

I'm in the process of provisioning my new CentOS 6.6 x86_64 machine.  I
have gpodder 2.19 installed on my CentOS 6.6 32 bit machine but have
managed only to fail miserably at getting gpodder installed on my 64 bit
machine.

I see that I started this mail chain back in 2012.  There was no
solution then.  Does the horizon look any different now?

--
    _
   °v°