[CentOS] CentOS upgrade info

Carson Chittom carson at wistly.net
Mon Feb 16 15:25:04 UTC 2015

Jegadeesh Kumar <jegasmile at yahoo.com>
writes:

> how to upgrade CentOS 6.6 from 6.2

I apologize if I'm doing you a disservice, but the fact that you're
asking this makes me think you're not familiar with CentOS (or perhaps
even Linux generally).  Upgrading packages is fairly basic system
functionality.  You may want to spend some time reading documentation
before you do anything else.

A good deal of information is accessible on a CentOS system itself using
the "man" and "info" commands.  Additional documentation is available at
http://wiki.centos.org/Documentation

The answer to your specific question is found in the manual page for
yum ("man yum" at a command line prompt), but yum can do a lot of
things.  Probably what you want is:

# yum upgrade

But depending on your needs and the packages installed on your machine,
you may need a different yum command.