[CentOS] network automatically connecting on boot after new service installation

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 17 05:05:30 UTC 2015

hello John. my thanks for replying.

On 02/16/2015 09:14 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/16/2015 6:56 PM, g wrote:
>> 2 weeks ago, i had my internet service changed from copper DSL to
>> fiber DSL.
>>
>> now, every time i reboot, internet connection is automatically
>> connecting on boot.
>
> my DSL is delivered as an ethernet connection, there's nothing to
> connect or disconnect, although I suppose I could use ifconfig eth0 up
> and ifconfig eth0 down

failed to mention the modem i have is a 2Wire 3800HGV-B.

connections, top down are;

   Auxline - Lines 1&2 - Phone Line - Broadband -
   Local Ether Net 1, 2, 3, 4 - USB-PC - Coaxline - Power

input is via Phone Line, Broadband, or Coaxline. rest are outputs.
except for Power. ;-)

instead of using 'ifconfig', i have a network icon in 'system tray'.
see my reply to Frank Cox.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6