[CentOS] Intermittent problem, likely disk IO related - mptscsih: ioc0: attempting task abort!

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 18 01:48:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Jason Pyeron <jpyeron at pdinc.us> wrote:
>> I'd post the entire dmesg somewhere
>
> http://client.pdinc.us/panic-341e97c30b5a4cb774942bae32d3f163.log

At least part of the problem happens before this log starts.

>> What do you get for
>> smartctl -x <dev>
>
> http://client.pdinc.us/smartctl-2000e86b62db27169cc9307358ebf10e.log

OK no smart extended test has been done, but also no pending bad or
relocated sectors, and no phy event errors either. So the write (10)
error seems isolated but it's still really suspicious, so I'd start
replacing hardware.

> I have replaced the drive (and reinstalled) already, the panics still happen once ever 30-40 hours.

The only thing that suggests it might not be hardware are all the kvm
configuration recently, then I'd revert. That's the limit of the most
likely software explanation. If there's no recent software changes,
then it must be hardware.

--
Chris Murphy