[CentOS] how to stop yum when networkmanager has broken resolv.conf?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:00:51 UTC 2015

So, I'm getting an error where the network service and NetworkManager
apparently don't agree on how to bring up vlans on bonded nics.
Things come up if you 'ifup ..' manually.  I thought I'd check if
there were any updates, forgetting to fix what NetworkManger had done
to /etc/resolv.conf and:

http://centos.arvixe.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://centos.arvixe.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: (28,
'Resolving timed out after 30381 milliseconds')
Trying other mirror.
^C^C^C
^C^C^C

 Current download cancelled, interrupt (ctrl-c) again within two seconds
to exit.

Yeah - I did hit it about 6 times there.   What do you have to do to
make it actually stop in some reasonable amount of time?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com