[CentOS] pidgin on 6.6

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Feb 23 16:42:29 UTC 2015

Anyone out there using pidgin and jabber? Recently, there was a redo of
the organization's jabber server, (probably a Windows thing), and
suddenly, instead of my usernamte at address, I get username at address/<looks
like a socket id>. For example, mine, after my
username at jabberserver/f862437769a069c68119dc3068e2acbd5f0eaba6, so a line
and a half of garbage.

Any ideas? Googling isn't finding me anything... oh, and the tech on the
other end, who's using Windows, isn't seeing that, he just sees
username@<jabberserver>

          mark