[CentOS] Help with Driver Eth0

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Feb 23 20:08:53 UTC 2015

Kevin Mauricio Benavides Castro wrote:
> Dear Friends of the Community
>
> Here by I request some help, now Install Centos 5.0 in

First issue: why are you installing CentOS 5, and not 6, or 7?
Second: why on *earth* are you doing 5.0, rather than the current 5.11?

> DELL 3020 one machine installation took correctly, but after installation
>
> I find that the network card that brings integrated computer does not
> recognize the eth0.
>
> 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
<snip>
That looks like it's already got the correct driver.

> I researched well into the problem in various forums, but the driver you
> need the equipment is Realtek RTL8111B / RTL8168B NIC.
> Someone may orient me well what I have to do to install the driver for usb
> Offline so ?? if you can clear
> regards

Sorry, "install the driver for USB"? Did you meant to install the driver
from a flash drive, or install a USB driver? Please clarify.

        mark