[CentOS] Making systemd start a service after sshd?

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Mon Feb 23 22:16:03 UTC 2015

> On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:07 PM, Bryan Wright <bkw1a at virginia.edu> wrote:
>
> I put the original lightdm.service back to its pristine state, made
> /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service a symlink to my modified
> lightdm.service file in /etc/systemd/system and rebooted, and things work as
> expected.

Testing that it works on reboot is a good thing to test, but it is not the minimum necessary test.

I wonder if you are forgetting “systemctl daemon-reload”?  Unlike with SysV init, changes to /usr/lib/systemd/system don’t immediately take effect.  You have to tell systemd to reload the configuration files when they change.