[CentOS] Kickstart with multiple eth devices

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 24 01:00:36 UTC 2015

6.6-x86_64 ...

Keep in mind this is happening during the kickstart process. What I'm
seeing is this:

When the system first comes on, PXE kicks in and port 2 (or eth1) gets an
IP from the network's dhcp and is configured properly. PXE grabs the
necessary files to start installation. However, as soon as it the install
image is uncompressed it does a rename on the devices and what should be
eth3 is now configured as either eth0 or eth1 (I forgot which one) and what
*should* be eth1 is effectively no longer configured. At that point
kickstart stops because it can no longer fetch the kickstart file. I have
to physically remove the additional ethernet card for it to work properly.