[CentOS] Kickstart with multiple eth devices

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:54:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> Out of order meaning, it puts the additional ethernet card as eth0, with
> the built-in ports as eth1 and eth2 respectively. WITHOUT the additional
> card installed, it puts the built-in ports as eth0 and eth1, which is what
> I want it to do. The additional card should be eth2, at least that's what I
> want it to do.
>
> Looking at persistent-net.rules, it always puts the additional card first,
> both without your script as well as with. I need it to be last. The
> system's built-ins should always be eth0 and eth1 respectively.

How can you confirm 'always' here?  I haven't done it in the context
of PXE booting, but I see random ordering of cards and motherboard
nics on first installs with Centos6.x  That is, the nics on the
motherboard and on each card will have adjacent numbers but the cards
and motherboard sets jump around until the MAC addresses are recorded
in the etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to nail them down.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com