[CentOS] C7, igb and DCB support for pause frame ?

Laurent Wandrebeck

l.wandrebeck at quelquesmots.fr
Thu Feb 26 14:18:35 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I’m working on deploying our new cluster.
Masters have 5×1gbps (i210 and i350, thus using igb.ko), configured
with mtu 9000, 802.3ad. Works fine *but* I can’t get DCB working
(pause frame, aka flow control, which is supported by and enabled on
our switches).

[root at master2 ~]# dcbtool gc eno1 dcb
Command:        Get Config
Feature:        DCB State
Port:           eno1

(I get the same with ELRepo 5.2.15 kmod).
Intel datasheet says flow control is available.
Can’t find much about it on the web or in kernel git repo. Could
someone give me a hand ?

Regards,
Laurent.