[CentOS] yum causing RPC timed out?

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 27 21:11:12 UTC 2015

Apparently CentOS-7 - Base is failing, what does that mean? How do I
contact the upstream for the repo? How do I find a working upstream?

More info from command execution:
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
http://mirror.supremebytes.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://mirror.supremebytes.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30384 milliseconds')
Trying other mirror.

 One of the configured repositories failed (CentOS-7 - Base),
 and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
 safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will
then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or
use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable base

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be
much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a
nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=base.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure:
repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2
from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
http://centos.corenetworks.net/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://centos.corenetworks.net/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30385 milliseconds')
http://mirror.us.oneandone.net/linux/distributions/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://centos.sonn.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://centos.sonn.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30383 milliseconds')
http://centos-distro.cavecreek.net/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
http://mirror.thelinuxfix.com/CentOS/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
http://mirrors.psychz.net/Centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
http://repos.mia.quadranet.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
http://mirrors.loosefoot.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://mirrors.loosefoot.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30384 milliseconds')
http://mirror.supremebytes.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://mirror.supremebytes.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/3cda64d1c161dd0fead8398a62ef9c691e78ee02fe56d04566f850c94929f61f-filelists.sqlite.bz2:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30384 milliseconds')
[root at localhost ~]#

--
This email is:    [ ] request action  [ ] request info   [x] fyi        [ ]
social