[CentOS] Looking for a life-save LVM Guru

S.Tindall tindall.satwth at brandxmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:02:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 07:25 +0700, Khemara Lyn wrote:

> I have tried with the following:
>
> 1. Removing the broken PV:
>
> # vgreduce --force vg_hosting /dev/sdc1
>   Physical volume "/dev/sdc1" still in use

Next time, try "vgreduce --removemissing <VG>" first.

In my experience, any lvm command using --force often has undesirable
side effects.

Regarding getting the lvm functioning again, there is also a --partial
option that is sometimes useful with the various vg* commands with a
missing PV (see man lvm).

And "vgdisplay -v" often regenerates missing metadata (as in getting a
functioning lvm back).

Steve