[CentOS] NVidia on encrypted Q. RE: Intel Displayport on Centos 7

Mon Feb 2 18:04:11 UTC 2015
Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane <todd.denniston at navy.mil>

<SNIP>
> the stock ATI drivers.  I haven't tried with the fglrx driver; it seems
> to be a bit of a problem child on C7 at the moment.  For that matter,
> the nVidia proprietary driver is a bit of a problem child if you have
> any encrypted partitions like I do.
<SNIP>

I have not gotten to testing C7 (or RHEL7 for that matter) yet, but I expect to need the NVidia driver (from elrepo) on them and for the drives to be encrypted, SO ...
What kinds of issues do the proprietary drivers and encrypted partitions together seem to be causing?

Are your problems all related to:
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=47460
http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=496
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=49304&start=10

Or are there other issues?

Thanks for the feedback.

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.