[CentOS] anthem details OT

Fri Feb 6 14:42:55 UTC 2015
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Chris Wensink <
cwensink at five-star-plastics.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Does anyone have any more detail about what kind of system Anthem / Blue
> Cross was running and what kind of attack broke into their system?
>
> It's terrible that it happened, but I think it would benefit all Admins
> everywhere to learn how it happened so that we can secure our systems from
> a similar breach of information.
>
> Anyone know?
>
> Chris

This is pretty much off topic but I do wish we could have a infosec related
mail list I think that would be a good idea.

>From what I have read this morning it appears to be an APT, should know
more in the coming days and weeks but most times with APT's details will be
slow coming.  Here are some sites that you may want to look at:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/
http://securelist.com/blog/research/
http://www.csoonline.com/author/Steve-Ragan/
http://blog.crowdstrike.com/

This one will be interesting in a few weeks:
http://www.csoonline.com/article/2880095/cyber-attacks-espionage/crowdstrike-demonstrates-how-attackers-wiped-the-data-from-the-machines-at-sony.html