[CentOS] Do I need these?

Tue Feb 10 23:43:12 UTC 2015
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

Hey Y'all,

I got a package update notice this evening for package augeas-libs.  As
is my practice I figured I would check to see if I needed the package or
if I could just delete it thus obviating the need to install the upgrade.

This is what yum has to say about the package and it's sole dependency.

Dependencies Resolved

 Package              Arch          Version                Repository
   Size
Removing:
 augeas-libs          i686          1.0.0-7.el6            @base
  934 k
Removing for dependencies:
 netcf-libs           i686          0.2.4-1.el6            @base
  186 k

Transaction Summary
Remove        2 Package(s)

So just to be sure I put them both on the same command line and got this:

Dependencies Resolved

 Package              Arch          Version                Repository
   Size
Removing:
 augeas-libs          i686          1.0.0-7.el6            @base
  934 k
 netcf-libs           i686          0.2.4-1.el6            @base
  186 k

Transaction Summary
Remove        2 Package(s)

It would appear that there are no application packages that depend on
augeas-libs or netcf-libs.  It doesn't look like anything is using them.
 Is there any good reason why I should not just erase augeas-libs and
netcf-libs?
--
    _
   °v°