[CentOS] Updated Spam Assassin for CentOS 5...

Sun Feb 15 14:32:55 UTC 2015
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

I am wondering about updating the version of Spam Assassin on my CentOS 5 mail
server. The current version, 3.3.1-4.el5 (stock RHEL version), has been
'leaking' recently. I suspect I need some newer match rules to detect some of
the newer flavors of spam. I see that in rpmforge's extras repo is version
3.3.2-4.el5.rfx -- is this version worth installing? Are there even newer
versions either available for CentOS 5 (or buildable under CentOS 5)? Or is
there a collection of match rules available for the newer flavors of spam than
can just be dropped into /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf?

I am not ready just yet to migrate my server to CentOS 6 (but that is
something I'll probably do at some point).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933