[CentOS] Very slow disk I/O

Tue Feb 3 05:36:14 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 02/02/2015 08:52 PM, Jatin Davey wrote:
> So , You dont think that any configuration changes like increasing the
> number of volumes or anything else will help in reducing the I/O wait
> time ?

No, because that won't change the number of heads that are present to
service the IO requests, nor to segregate requests effectively. Your
primary goals should be to reduce IO (investigate using LVM backed VMs
instead of file-backed) or to increase hardware resources (possibly a
larger number of smaller disks if SSDs are not in budget).