[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Wed Feb 4 00:34:20 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 01:53:45PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>> The 7 rules listed in this URL seem utterly bizarre to me.
>>
>> The first is "Don't use a palindrome"
>> which makes me wonder if the author knows the meaning of this word.
>> I suspect he/she thinks it means "a known word backwards".

> That's what I would call it (or phrase or sequence of numbers.)  When I
> read your post, I thought I was missing something, but some cursory
> googling indicates that I'm right.  What am I missing here?

I don't follow your meaning.
Do you think yraM is a palindrome?

Merriam-Webster (online)
  a word, verse, or sentence (as “Able was I ere I saw Elba”)
  or a number (as 1881) that reads the same backward or forward

I can't believe many people use palindromes as passwords.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net